Disability Support Services
DSS Student Rights & Responsibilities
Fullerton College is committed to providing equal access to educational opportunities for qualified students with disabilities, in accordance with state and federal laws. To ensure equality of access for students with disabilities, accommodations are provided on a case-by-case basis, through an interactive process with the Disability Support Services (DSS) office. As a student with a disability receiving accommodations from DSS, it is important to know your rights and responsibilities.
DSS Students Have the Right to:
- an equal opportunity to learn
- an equal opportunity to participate in the campus community
- choose whether or not to disclose the nature of your disability to your instructors
- to file a grievance if you feel you are discriminated against
DSS Student Responsibilities
- Provide documentation of disability to the DSS office in a timely manner.
- Review your Instructor Letter with each course instructor in a timely manner. (Ideally at the beginning of the semester.)
- Understand that late notification does not require retroactive services and/or accommodation.
- Submit accommodation requests in a timely manner. (Most requests can be made immediately after registering for classes each semester.)
- Contact the DSS office in a timely manner if any issues or concerns arise, or you believe you have been discriminated against.
- Meet the same standards, both academic and behavioral, expected of all Fullerton College students.
- Check your Fullerton College email account for important updates from the DSS office.