Apply for DSS Services
All potential DSS students (incoming high school and current Fullerton College students) must review and complete the steps below to apply for DSS services. There is also a tutorial video to help you navigate the DSS student portal.
If you have questions regarding the DSS application, please contact our office by phone at (714) 992-7099 or via email at email@example.com.
- Apply to Fullerton College
- Make sure to select the semester for which you plan to enroll
- Once you have received the email with your Fullerton College Student ID Number, apply to the DSS program
- Log in using your MyGateway username and password
- Choose “Application for New Students”
- Enter your information
- Upload your supporting disability documents (i.e. IEP, 504, Disability Verification Form from a doctor, or any other documents that verify a disability).
Note: If you are having your doctor complete the Disability Verification Form, please advise your provider that DSS cannot accept faxes beginning May 20, 2022, as our physical office is closed for remodeling.
- At the bottom of the application click the checkbox to acknowledge that you are requesting services from DSS
- Click “Submit” to send your DSS application and disability verification documents
- You will be contacted within two business days to schedule your initial appointment with a DSS counselor
New Student Suggested Timeframes
Please note that you can submit documentation and apply for services at any time. The dates below are suggested timeframes set to ensure that services/accommodations are in place for that particular semester.
DSS encourages students to submit documents and have them reviewed by April 1 in order to ensure that services are in place for Summer semester.
DSS encourages students to submit documents and have them reviewed by April 15 in order to ensure that services are in place for Fall semester.
DSS encourages students to submit documents and have them reviewed by October 31 in order to ensure that services are in place for Spring semester.
DSS Student Rights & Responsibilities
Fullerton College is committed to providing equal access to educational opportunities for qualified students with disabilities, in accordance with state and federal laws. To ensure equality of access for students with disabilities, accommodations are provided on a case-by-case basis, through an interactive process with the Disability Support Services (DSS) office. As a student with a disability receiving accommodations from DSS, it is important to know your rights and responsibilities.
DSS Students Have the Right to:
- an equal opportunity to learn
- an equal opportunity to participate in the campus community
- choose whether or not to disclose the nature of your disability to your instructors
- file a grievance if you feel you are discriminated against
- schedule a timely appointment with DSS personnel
- the timely implementation of approved accommodations
DSS Student Responsibilities
- Provide documentation of disability to the DSS office in a timely manner.
- Review your Instructor Letter with each course instructor in a timely manner. (Ideally at the beginning of the semester.)
- Understand that late notification does not require retroactive services and/or accommodation.
- Submit accommodation requests in a timely manner. (Most requests can be made immediately after registering for classes each semester.)
- Contact the DSS office in a timely manner if any issues or concerns arise, or you believe you have been discriminated against.
- Meet the same standards, both academic and behavioral, expected of all Fullerton College students.
- Check your Fullerton College email account for important updates from the DSS office.