Disability Support Services
Become a DSS Student
The first step for all prospective Fullerton College students is to apply to the college online. Apply on or after October 15th for Summer and Fall enrollment and on or after September 15th for Spring enrollment. Make sure that you apply for the semester for which you want to enroll.
The second step is to apply for DSS services and submit verification documents to the DSS office. To complete the Application for Services and submit your verification documents, please click the START HERE button below. Once your documents are received, DSS will contact you within 2 business days to schedule an initial appointment.
New Student Suggested Timeframes
Please note that you can submit documentation and apply for services at any time. The dates below are suggested timeframes set to ensure that services/accommodations are in place for that particular semester.
DSS encourages students to submit documents and have them reviewed by April 1 in order to ensure that services are in place for Summer semester.
DSS encourages students to submit documents and have them reviewed by April 15 in order to ensure that services are in place for Fall semester.
DSS encourages students to submit documents and have them reviewed by October 31 in order to ensure that services are in place for Spring semester.
DSS Student Rights & Responsibilities
Fullerton College is committed to providing equal access to educational opportunities for qualified students with disabilities, in accordance with state and federal laws. To ensure equality of access for students with disabilities, accommodations are provided on a case-by-case basis, through an interactive process with the Disability Support Services (DSS) office. As a student with a disability receiving accommodations from DSS, it is important to know your rights and responsibilities.
DSS Students Have the Right to:
- an equal opportunity to learn
- an equal opportunity to participate in the campus community
- choose whether or not to disclose the nature of your disability to your instructors
- file a grievance if you feel you are discriminated against
- schedule a timely appointment with DSS personnel
- the timely implementation of approved accommodations
DSS Student Responsibilities
- Provide documentation of disability to the DSS office in a timely manner.
- Review your Instructor Letter with each course instructor in a timely manner. (Ideally at the beginning of the semester.)
- Understand that late notification does not require retroactive services and/or accommodation.
- Submit accommodation requests in a timely manner. (Most requests can be made immediately after registering for classes each semester.)
- Contact the DSS office in a timely manner if any issues or concerns arise, or you believe you have been discriminated against.
- Meet the same standards, both academic and behavioral, expected of all Fullerton College students.
- Check your Fullerton College email account for important updates from the DSS office.