Disability Support Services
Become a DSS Student
The first step for all prospective Fullerton College students is to apply to the college online. Apply on or after October 15th for Summer and Fall enrollment and on or after September 15th for Spring enrollment. Make sure that you apply for the semester for which you want to enroll. Please refer to the Counseling Department website for important information regarding priority registration.
Applying for DSS Services
Incoming High School Students
If you are a graduating high school student with an IEP, RSP, Resource, SDC, or other Special Education background wishing to attend Fullerton College and receive services through DSS, complete the following steps:
- Apply online for the Summer/Fall semester by clicking on “Apply Now” on the Fullerton College website. A student ID number will be emailed to you within one week of completing the application.
- Bring your most recent high school special education documents and/or medical records related to your disability(s) to the DSS office (Room 842), ideally no later than April 15. Verification documents may include the most recent IEP, testing/psychological/triennial report, speech and language report, audiogram, doctor’s verification, etc.
- Complete the mandatory Fullerton College Orientation via MyGateway.
- Log into MyGateway using your student ID number and password.
- Click “Student Links” in the middle of the page.
- Scroll down and click “Online Orientation”.
- Schedule your placement test appointment. The placement tests are required for all new students! Follow the directions on the Assessment Center appointment website regarding requests for accommodation.
- Your documents will be reviewed and you will be contacted to schedule your appointment with a DSS Counselor. If you have a Student Educational Program Plan (SEPP) that was completely by an FC Counselor, please bring it to this appointment.
Please Note: Some potential students have found the Readiness Criteria to be helpful regarding baseline skills that are needed to attend college. You can also review the Transitions form that considers the differences between high school and college.
New Student Deadlines to Submit Documentation
Please note that you can submit documentation and apply for services at any time. The dates below are deadlines set to ensure that services/accommodations are in place for that particular semester.
Documents must be submitted and reviewed by April 1 in order to ensure that services are in place for Summer semester.
Documents must be submitted and reviewed by April 15 in order to ensure that services are in place for Fall semester.
Documents must be submitted and reviewed by October 31 in order to ensure that services are in place for Spring semester.