Incoming High School Students
If you are a graduating high school student with an IEP, RSP, Resource, SDC, or other Special Education background wishing to attend Fullerton College and receive services through DSS, complete the following steps:
- Apply online for the Summer/Fall semester by clicking on “Apply Now” on the Fullerton College website. A student ID number will be emailed to you within one week of completing the application.
- Bring your most recent high school special education documents and/or medical records related to your disability AND your high school transcript to the DSS office (Room 842), ideally no later than April 15. Verification documents may include the most recent IEP, testing/psychological/triennial report, speech and language report, audiogram, and/or doctor’s verification.
- Complete the mandatory Fullerton College Orientation via MyGateway.
- Log into MyGateway using your student ID number and password.
- Click the Fullerton tab on the left of the screen.
- View the orientation for New and Returning Students.
- Your documents will be reviewed and you will be contacted to schedule your initial appointment with a DSS counselor. If you have a Student Educational Program Plan (SEPP) completed by a Fullerton College academic counselor, please bring it to this appointment.
Please Note: Some potential students have found the Readiness Criteria to be helpful regarding baseline skills that are needed to attend college. You can also review the Transitions form that considers the differences between high school and college.